We are hiring!
The Embassy of Portugal in Windhoek is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION - Under direct supervision of the Ambassador and Deputy Head of Mission the incumbent is responsible for the provision of day-to-day administrative and managerial services including logistics, office reception and communication, support in bookkeeping, as well as providing administrative support to the consular section.. The incumbent will conduct research and prepare basic reports as assigned as well as provide secretariat support to the Ambassador and work collaboratively with the Ambassador’s PA. This will include providing support in scheduling meetings, preparing documents for the meetings, maintaining the filing system. The incumbent will also perform other administrative related tasks as needed for ad hoc activities such as VIP visits or cultural activities promoted by the Embassy.
MONTHLY SALARY: 554, 88€uros (gross salary)
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED - All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required (12 th grade)
- Prior Work Experience: added advantage
- 3. Language Proficiency: English or Portuguese (fluency, reading/speaking/writing) is required. Proficiency in both languages is an added advantage.
- Skills and Abilities: Must be able to operate equipment such as networked computers, digital sender, photocopiers, fax machine, telephones with speaker. Knowledge of Microsoft tools
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in the exclusion of the applicant.
- Letter addressed to the president of the Jury, stating: full name, status, date of birth, nationality, ID number, fiscal number, address, postal code, phone number, email address, level of education and position applied for,
- Additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above, including legal residence status in Namibia for non Namibian applicants. It’s mandatory to annex a detailed CV signed by the applicant, copy of the education certificate, copy of document ID, copy of criminal certificate.
SELECTION PROCESS: it comprises 3 sequential phases and components:
- CV evaluation based on professional qualifications and professional experience that represents 30% of the final score;
- Written examination with practical exercises to test the candidate computer’s literacy as well job knowledge in English/Portuguese that represents 30% of the final score;
- Job interview that represents 40% of the final score;
The candidates will be graded by the jury between 0 to 20 points and any applicant with a score lower than 9.5 is excluded. A recruitment list encompassing all the approved applicants will be available for 18 months following the completion of this selection process.
All and any information regarding the selection process as it advances is posted on Portuguese Embassy office, on the Portuguese Embassy Facebook page (www.facebook.com/Portugueseembassynamibia as well as Portuguese Embassy web site https://www.windhoek.embaixadaportugal.mne.pt/pt/ and applicants are advised to consult them regularly.
The jury is chaired by the Portuguese Ambassador.
WHERE TO APPLY:
Embassy of Portugal in Windhoek (4 Karin Street, Ludwigsdorf) or via
email : Windhoek@mne.pt
CLOSING DATE: November 10th 2016
NOTE: This is a summary of the job vacancy published in Portuguese language and it does not exclude consulting it for a complete description of all the conditions, requirements and procedures applied. The job vacancy announcement in Portuguese is available at the Portuguese Embassy´s office, on Portuguese Embassy Facebook page as well as Portuguese Embassy website.
Any enquiries send an email to Windhoek@mne.pt